Since 1983 the gallery has been located in a former chapel, situated on the Dorpsweg in Maartensdijk. The painting studio occupies the space in the former organ balcony. The chapel dates back to 1894 and in 1981 was fully restored to its original state.
Alongside the exhibition of paintings by three generations of Van Vlaardingen (Derk, Jan, Clement and Dick van Vlaardingen), the gallery also houses a private collection which has been built up by the family since 1908 and includes work by, among others, M.H. Mackenzie, Jan Rijlaarsdam, Stephan Kip and Bernard van Beek.